POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hand made throne : Re: hand made throne Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hand made throne
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Jul 2001 13:32:01
Message: <3B5C5FFD.2C672F99@gmx.de>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> In range from 0.8 to 76.
> The problems with artefacts is strange for me becouse they appear randomly -
> I've rendered scene yesterday evening at home and today morning at work. At home
> were artefacts but at work no. No modifications in source file were done.

Hmm, 76 seems fairly high for such shapes, are you sure all the functions
used are smooth?  You can also try to play with the eval parameters.
Randomly occuring artefacts are of course quite strange, but since the
current isosurface code is known to be buggy, anything is possible...

Raising the accuracy value could also help.

> Yes. Current value (0.01) was choosed experimentaly. Larger value could be
> comfortless for sitting :-)

Hey, we are talking about art, comfort is negligible...

> Don't forget idea sended by me to p.b.i as photo some time ago.

Don't remember and could not find a photo from you either, could you point
me to it?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>